Friday, June 25, 2010

Blah

I just finished another chemo session today. My blood work was all right except that the white blood count was a little low – still within the range to keep giving me treatments though. My kidneys are functioning well and my weight is up by a pound. This one is really kicking me in the gut, so I made sure to take some additional anti-nausea medicine as soon as I got home. Maybe I made a mistake by eating a little bit too much pizza yesterday. I laid down for a bit and later I’ll take Lucky for a walk – Connie told me that she always walked after chemo and it helped her. I am sitting on the patio swing now, and I can tell the anti-nausea medicine is starting to work. I think I’ll try and eat a light supper tonight, but not too light, I don’t want to loose that pound I was able to gain.

4 comments:

  1. tough going!!! But!! you have another treatment behind you and with your fighting, the cancer cells will start dying off and then you can rebuild the good. Watch the spicy foods. So many people are holding you up in prayer---lean on them!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your new background. hang in there bro. Like I said earlier, realize this is a vital part of your healing. Easy for me to say I know. I don't have to be sick to my stomach like you do. Give thanks that there is such a thing as anti-nausea meds.
    JuDEan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hang in there----you love your swing, when you have this licked, you may need new pads for it. Perfect way to relax and enjoy the birds---as long as they leave your body alone---but like you said, they have found you three times and you heard that was good luck!!! We're all in this with you in constant prayer. mom and dad

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tony: Praying for you and your family as you continue to fight the good fight. Keep listening to God's voice and He will guide you through this. I have also experienced His voice and know we sometimes aren't listening. And lean on that support system ... they are your lifeline to God.

    Rick Huls

    ReplyDelete