Friday, June 11, 2010

The Wave

Last Sunday, while on the way to church we met a car on a gravel road. I waved at the driver and they waved back, just like rural people always do. “Who was that?” Brittany asked. “I don’t know”, I answered. Confused a little, Brittany said “Then why did you wave at them?” She had asked the same question many times before and I could never really explain it well enough I guess. This time I remembered asking my dad the very same thing when I was a young boy. “Dad, who was that?” My dad’s answer…”It’s just something you do, to be friendly, when you met someone.” For me that was good enough and from that time on, when I was lucky enough to sit in the front seat with him, dad and I would wave at every car we met. Thanks Dad, for another life lesson learned – It’s easy and fun to be friendly! After telling Brittany how I got that habit from my dad, I chuckled, and imagined the exact same conversation going on in the car we just met…“who was that?”

1 comment:

  1. That reminds me of Lorenz. He is always either waving and/or honking and the grandkids say the same thing as Brittany. Keeps everyones interest I guess.

    ReplyDelete