Friday, July 16, 2010

Glad I Never Won The Lottery

Ever since I heard there was such a thing as a lottery and that you could win millions by just wagering a buck, I have always imagined what it would be like to be a millionaire. I would go to sleep at night trying to figure out how much to give to charity, friends and family, and imagine what we might spend our shares on. Four months ago, all that changed. While I was in the hospital, I mentioned to my parents that I used to dream about winning, but that during the course of a couple days that had all changed. I had received so much support, so many visitors, and so many cards and calls, that it made me realize something. If I had won the lottery how many true friends and real support would I actually have had? I think that would have been the loneliest time of my life. Instead I realized that having close friends and being a true friend, is much better than winning the lottery.

2 comments:

  1. After the benefit Sunday----I guess you can know how many people are your friends and praying for you-----what a tribute of friendship!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Tony you have so many many friends because you are really a true friend yourself. Nothing makes one feel better when they are sick the family and friends.

    ReplyDelete