Friday, August 13, 2010

I Hope and Pray

While I was at M.D. Andersen a couple weeks ago, I mentioned having some upper back pain. The oncologist informed me they noticed a lesion on my T4 vertebra, and were recommending I have a bone scan. My oncologist in Lincoln scheduled the bone scan for earlier this week to find out if the cancer had spread further. This morning I was informed of the results of the scan. It seems the cancer has spread to several areas of my skeleton, too many areas to treat them all with radiation. My oncologist is hopeful that this new chemo regimen will attack that cancer as well and keep it in check. I guess I am kind of numb right now, and not sure how I feel. Every once in awhile I hear about, and am encouraged by, someone who found out they have cancer throughout their body and have been able to fight it for 5+ years. I hope and pray that God has that planned for me, that one day I can be an encouragement to someone dealing with this illness…”Tony Lenners was diagnosed with stage 4 cancer, that was throughout his body, and he has been a survivor for 10 years!”

4 comments:

  1. Each night we pray with the boys that God will cure every single cancer cell in your body. We will continue this prayer as long as we need to to see you cured. I am sure that God is not finished with you yet. Don't ever doubt that you are an incredible encouragement...to even those of us not fighting cancer. You have an incredible spirit. Fight with all you have. We will pray with all we can!!
    Karen and company

    ReplyDelete
  2. These verses are from Jeremiah 29:11

    For I know the plans I have for you," says the LORD. "They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope. Jeremiah 29:11 New Living Translation

    For I know the plans I have for you," declares
    the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11 - New International Version.

    I refer to these verses a lot. May they be of comfort to you too. A lady wrote a song about this verse when her grandaughter had cancer and needed bone marrow. Her granddaughter is doing fine now. I might have to get you a copy of the song. You are continuously in our prayers and I think we will still be talking about this ten years from now. Lorenz & LaVon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Remember when you walked in the relay for life, how many survivors there were. That is one of my prayers that you will walk in the relay for life many, many years.
    Gaylan and Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tony as I read this the tears would not stop and I could only think how unfair this seems. Why would this be allowed to happen to a child of God. I am glad of the strength God has given you to make it through and I know there is a reason this is happening that is beyond our understanding. Even still it is hard to accept. I know one day we will understand. I pray daily for God to give you more time with your family and I continue to thank him for each new day he does give to each of us.

    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete