Sunday, August 29, 2010

What a Birthday!


Last Saturday was my birthday and what a fun birthday it was. The family spent the whole day with us, painting the house and replacing gutters. It was a long day and with everybody working so hard, we got a lot done. It is such a relief to get the bulk of the outside maintenance done before winter comes. In the evening we celebrated by relaxing on the deck, eating grilled burgers, homemade ice cream, and of course birthday cake. It’s been a while since that many people sang Happy Birthday to me, and they sang loud knowing it is a “Victory Song.” I was very touched and felt that tickle in my throat, but was able to hold back the tears…although I am sure everyone could tell by the expression on my face, how much it meant to me. I am so fortunate to have such a great family and have a hard time expressing in words, just how much they all mean to me. Let’s just say that I am so very blessed!

8 comments:

  1. tony The real truth is that it is your attitude and personality is what keeps everyone else's spirit up. It really was a fun day and it wasn't just the house that got painted, some of us had a little paint on ourselves as well. Already looking forward to your next years birthday. mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's just the first of many victory songs.. so what's on the agenda for next year? Paving the driveway? LOL .... Cory

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tony, Its nice to hear you had such a wonderful birthday! I think a lily pond would be neat idea for next year's birthday! Rhonda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Or underground sprinklers. That's something I would like. but seriously your place looks nice and doesn't need much improvement. That being said, we could have your birthday celebration at my house. Plenty to do here. can anyone say GREAT BIG BON FIRE. Have several old sheds that need to go. Ju

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd like to request your party at our house in 2 years since Ju called next year already. I am sure we will be needing a new roof by then. So, I'll make the cake and you bring the workers. Still praying for every single cancer cell to be wiped away by God.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It was a wonderful day and the house looks wonderful. Next year's birthday will be just as fun with another victory song! -Denise

    ReplyDelete
  7. So happy you had such a good birthday. Let's look forward to next year and we too have a lot of work we need done so our place is always open too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Finally got caught up on your blog. I enjoy reading what you have to write. I was sad I couldn't be there for your birthday. It sounds like it was a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete