Saturday, December 18, 2010

"Good things are in store for you!"


Wow! It’s been quite a while since I have written a blog…time is sure flying by. I have been working pretty much full time again, mainly coordinating training for the police department and other light duty matters. I have a plan worked out to get back on the street again, but the Chief wants to make sure I can defend myself before that happens. So I also began working out on the elliptical and with free weights. I am amazed at how much muscle I have lost and it may take a little longer than I expected. Anyway, back to the topic of writing this blog. Last night Denise, the girls and I went out and ate Chinese. The food was great and there are plenty of leftovers. When we finished I handed out the fortune cookies, I always am amazed at how you can read something into those things to make them fit your particular situation. Mine read “Remember three months from this date. Good things are in store for you.” Denise told me that I had to write that in my blog and here is why. A couple weeks ago, I had another scan to see how effective this chemo regimen was working. We were all pleased to find out that the tumors are shrinking, my liver is clear of tumors and the bone lesions are “maturing” and scaring over. My Oncologist estimates that at this rate he believes that I will be finished with this regimen in 3-5 months. The 3-5 months is why Denise said I had to write it in a blog. I’m not a very superstitious man, but every once in a while it is good to get a little positive note like that…even if it can fit a multitude of scenarios. One last little note about how I have been feeling. I have been feeling great most of the time, I still have hair and everybody tells me I have my color back. I wasn’t aware I had lost it, but when I look back at some pictures taken last summer, I can tell I looked a little pale…especially since I usually tan well. Thank you all for the prayers, well wishes and positive comments, and if you feel like it, leave a comment to this post…nobody reads them except me ;-)

7 comments:

  1. yep, you do have your color back. Keep that positive attitude and great smile. Everyone says that you are always "up" and that shows us all to look at the positives-----So many people
    have better attitudes because of yours---no
    Christmas Grinches this year!!!!!M

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read the comments. Glad you posted another blog entry. I always enjoy them. Your a great motivator. Can't wait to see you, Denise and the girls at Christmas.

    JU

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have tried twice to post a comment. It looks like I have it right and then it is lost. I found this today and would like to share it with you.

    "May the Lord grant you His blessing
    As you start another year.
    May His constant love watch over you
    And those you hold most dear,
    May HE fulfill your deepest hopes
    In everything you do,
    And may He keep you in his care
    Each day the whole year through.

    We will keep you in our prayers and may your healing continue and you have the greatest news in 3 month. God's blessins to all of you. L & L

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tony, I truly am glad to hear everything is going well for you. It is a long hard fight to bring yourself back to where you were. Just realize when you are done you will be a much healthier person. You have tons of silent supporters!!! Keep up the faith and hard work :)
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are continualy in our thoughts and prayers.
    May God Bless you and good luck with your scan.
    Blessings to you! L & L

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tony - You've done an awesome job with this blog. Somehow you make the rest of us feel better with your insight and positive attitude. I really enjoy reading your stories. I pray that you will be rid of the cancer soon, and back to life, sharing the amazing story of your recovery. God Bless you! Colleen Huls

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tony It has been a year since you started this battle. We are so proud of you and the strength and inspiration you have shown to SO many people is unreal. There are TONS of people who are still praying for you and sending angels to watch over you. M

    ReplyDelete